2016-11Mr Dominique Speleers, new EU Specialty Food Ingredients President
At its AGM on 15th November 2016, the ELC General Assembly elected a new Board for a one-year term...
Mr Speleers, Executive Board Member for Sales and Marketing at Beneo was appointed President of the federation. He commented: “I am very honoured by this election and would like to thank the members of the Board for their confidence and congratulate them for their own election. I would also like to warmly thank my predecessor, Mr Monmont, for opening today a new page of the federation’s history with the change of the abbreviation “ELC” to “EU Specialty Food Ingredients”. This new name speaks for itself and will thus make our sector easier recognisable and more visible in the food value chain.” The new identity will be progressively implemented in the course of 2017. Mr Speleers added: “Much has been done already to enhance the recognition of the role of specialty food ingredients in the formulation of tasty, safe, healthy, affordable, qualitative and sustainably produced food. Together with my colleagues in the Board, we will keep up the momentum next year.”
Mr Christian Baz, Scientific Advisor at ECU, the European Committee for Umami, was re-appointed Vice-President and Mr Hans-Christian Ambjerg, Senior Vice-President of Innovation at DSM Nutritional Products, as Treasurer.
The other administrators are:
For the College of companies
- Mr François Scheffler, Vice-President - Global Segment Management Human Nutrition, Nutrition & Health Division at BASF SE
- Mr Geert Maesmans, Director Research and Development at Cargill Food Ingredients and BioIndustrials, Starches and Sweeteners Group
- Mrs Angela Naef, Global Technology and Innovation Director for DuPont Nutrition & Health
For the College of associations
- Mr Marco Mercenari, President Additives & Processing Aids Group at Federchimica AISPEC
- Ms Frances Hunt, Secretary General at ISA, International Sweeteners Association
- Ms Mélanie Le Plaine-Mileur, Secretary General at Synpa, les ingrédients alimentaires de spécialité
- Ms Marie-Laure Empinet, Executive Committee Member at Starch Europe.