Specialty food ingredients play a key role in the food value chain. They typically help preserve, texturise, emulsify and colour food, and can add health benefits as part of an overall balanced diet and lifestyle.
Our infographics below can help you learn more about specialty food ingredients’ benefits, role in the diet and in the food chain.
Our industry is on a sustainability journey to provide tools and solutions for current challenges, and those yet to come, thus contributing to a sustainable future for people, the planet and business, also in line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- By following responsible manufacturing practices, our industry contributes to efficient operations while minimizing carbon footprint;
- By providing innovative ingredient solutions, our industry can contribute to a huge variety of enjoyable food & drink products;
- By utilizing valuable by-products, our industry follows a waste to wealth concept;
- Specialty food ingredients play a key role in safely sustaining the desired taste and texture of a huge variety of foods, thus extending shelf life and helping to reduce food waste.
Specialty food ingredients allow food and drink manufacturers to create products tailored to specific dietary needs, all of which are safe, healthy and convenient.
- Recipe changes can help address and manage non-communicable diseases (NCDs) without compromising on taste, choice and convenience;
- Adding essential nutrients to food and beverages can help reduce age-related risk factors and deficiencies;
- Alternative innovative ingredients offer consumers with food allergies and intolerances a wider choice of products.